David M. Montgomery
Vice President, Retirement Plan Consultant
CPFA, AIF®, CRPS®, C(k)P®
Designations & Certifications:
- Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor (CPFA) designation from the National Association of Plan Advisors
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designation from the Center for Fiduciary Studies.
- Chartered Retirement Plan Specialist® (CRPS®) designation from the College for Financial Planning
- Certified 401(k) Professional® (C(k)P®) designation from the Retirement Advisor University™ at UCLA Anderson School of Management Executive Education
David Montgomery provides plan consulting and investment services to our clients. He is also President & Co-Founder of our sister company, Fidelis Fiduciary Management, which provides ERISA 3(38) investment fiduciary support to plan sponsors in partnership with non-fiduciary plan consultants and recordkeepers.
David entered the retirement planning field in 2005. He joined MRPA after six years of developing tailored investment solutions for high net worth clients for a major financial services firm. In 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016 David was named a “Top Plan Advisor Under 40” by the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA). In 2019 and 2018 he was named to the Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors list.
- Named “Top Plan Advisor Under 40” in 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 by the National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA).
- Named to 2019 and 2018 Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisor List.
- Member of NAPA planning committee for annual D.C. Fly-In gathering of retirement plan national thought leaders in 2019 and 2018.
- Adjunct Lecturer for the Retirement Advisor University™ (TRAU®) Master Class held at the University of Chicago in 2018.
- Florida West Coast Employee Benefits Council (FWCEBC)
- Past Education Chairman
- National Association of Plan Advisors (NAPA)
- Retirement Plan Advisory Group (RPAG)
- The Retirement Advisor University® (TRAU®)